13 Apr CAD Designer
Open Position: CAD Designer | Elkhart IN | Full Time
About RC Industries
RCII is a custom metal fabrication company focused on high-quality American-made products. In 1994, we began building a team of experienced professionals with a shared passion for metal fabrication. Combining our passion for metal fabrication with a relentless focus on customer satisfaction separates RC Industries from the pack. Our on-time delivery coupled with our wide product range, custom toolboxes, and advanced metal fabrication capabilities, allows us to provide the best customer experience possible.
The CAD Designer performs basic computer-aided design (CAD) drafting support. Creates preliminary drafting files from notes or sketches, assists the Engineering Manager with the completion of drawings, and executes basic CAD file modifications.
Responsibilities: CAD Designer
- Document customer orders using Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Create detailed BOMs using Visual with quoted production operation rates and all necessary hardware & materials
- Communicates with engineering and sales team to aid in the completion of projects
- Helps transform initial rough product designs into working documents using CAD software
- Responsible for plant layouts, JIG and fixture design, and new product development
- Cross-train in other areas as needed
- Support management team as needed to meet overall company goals
- Follow RCII’s policies as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
Requirements: CAD Designer
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 3-5 years CAD design experience; working knowledge of metalworking a plus
Functional Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; organization skills and attention to detail; excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; ability to adapt to the needs of the company; ability to prioritize tasks
Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solidworks experience a must preferably with sheet metal design knowledge; AutoCAD 2D Lite experience a must; Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software; ERP experience a plus
Language Skills: Fluent in English required; ability to speak Spanish a plus
Leadership/Behaviors: Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to be a team player; provide mentoring and training to support the team and reach departmental goals
Culture Match Behaviors: Respectful of others, goal, and customer-focused; ability to stay focused on quality as well as being efficient to produce a high level of output on the job; embraces RC Industries values, expectations, and ideas
- Infor Visual experience
- RC Industries, Inc is not associated with or working for any companies in the RV Industry insulating us from the volatility the RV companies face.
- Family-owned for over 26 years.
- Reasonable expectations and attainable goals; excellent safety record
- Family environment, everyone knows your name you’re not just a number. The owner knows nearly every employee by name.
Not the job you are looking for?
Join our Talent Network to be considered for future openings.