13 Apr Line Leader – Assembly
Open Position: Line Leader-Assembly| Elkhart IN | Full Time
About RC Industries
RCII is a custom metal fabrication company focused on high-quality American-made products. In 1994, we began building a team of experienced professionals with a shared passion for metal fabrication. Combining our passion for metal fabrication with a relentless focus on customer satisfaction separates RC Industries from the pack. Our on-time delivery coupled with our wide product range, custom toolboxes, and advanced metal fabrication capabilities, allows us to provide the best customer experience possible.
Under general direction, lead the Assembly Department to ensure manufacturing procedures are performed as required.
Responsibilities: Line Leader – Assembly
- Train current and new employees in all aspects of the Assembly Department and monitor floor activities
- Participate in process auditing working closely with the Quality Team
- Oversee the Assembly Team and ensure items are moving according to schedules and on-time delivery measures are met as set by lean metric goals
- Uphold RC Industries’ quality model by ensuring the Assembly Team performs all in-process checks and works with the Quality Team as needed
- Lead continuous improvements – work instructions, process sheets, TPM, etc.
- Keep standard worksheets up to date and create new ones as needed
- Ensure 5s assignments are complete
- Timely labor reporting for jobs completed in Visual
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment and abide by safety rules at all times
- Use strengths and skills to mentor and train others in meeting and exceeding delivery dates and customer expectations
- Supports leaders and other team areas as needed to meet overall team goals
- Participate in incident investigations as needed
- Attend and hold safety meetings as needed
- Follow RCII’s policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Participate in lean manufacturing activities
- Assist engineering and sales on special projects
- Open and close plants and set alarms as needed
Requirements: Line Leader – Assembly
Education: A high school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in a similar front-line leadership role or minimum of 10 years of experience in an Assembly role
- Ability to assemble products to a blueprint
- Use of measuring tools such as tape measure, calipers, paint mil. checker, micrometers, etc.
- Able to read, understand and follow work instructions and blueprints
- Able to work using small hand tools at a good speed
- Able to be flexible and move from job to job as priorities change
- Ability to drive a forklift
Technology Aptitude/Skills: Ability to use computers to review procedures and enter data
Language Skills: Able to read/write/speak English fluently and is able to fill out all required forms and paperwork needed for the position; communicates in a positive way
Leadership/Behaviors: Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to be a team player; provide mentoring and training to support the team and reach departmental goals
Culture Match Behaviors: Respectful of others, goal, and customer-focused; ability to stay focused on quality as well as being efficient to produce a high level of output on the job; embraces RC Industries values, expectations, and ideas
- Prior manufacturing experience
- RC Industries, Inc is not associated with or working for any companies in the RV Industry insulating us from the volatility the RV companies face.
- Family-owned for over 26 years.
- Consistent work and no layoffs due to lack of work or material. No shutdowns for the holidays or during the summer.
- Easy to get answers to your questions, whether that’s from your supervisor or the owner.
- Reasonable expectations and attainable goals; excellent safety record
- Family environment, everyone knows your name you’re not just a number. The owner knows nearly every employee by name.
Not the job you are looking for?
Join our Talent Network to be considered for future openings.